Movies worth watching again:
- The Last Temptation of Jesus Christ by Martin Scorsese: William Dafoe as a Jesus who is tempted by Satan in the form of women and portrayed as mentally deranged person.
- The Doors by Oliver Stone: Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison leading his band with LSD and other intoxicating substances into the fringe realms of consciousness and ultimately himself into death.
- The Big Lebowski by Joel and Ethan Coen: the slow flow film ever. Cult.
- Goats by Christopher Neil: despite negative critics a great film. cinema does not always need a message.
- Sideways: great flow. failed actor and blocked writer on road trip in California's wine county.
- Paul: something between Sideways and E.T. - great to pick up some really basic American swearing
- Fly Away Home: dramatic in the beginning, but consoling and inspiring until the end. a great partly autobiographic story about an adolescent girl who loses her mother and finds new hope and purpose in raising a bunch of wild geese. My 7 year old daughter was absorbed by the plot and loved the film. I was in particular interested in the background story of the inventor father providing his daughter within the tragedy an environment to grow hope. Traditional education is shown as boring and time wasting, whereas his daughter is enabled to learn unique skills like flying a small plane to guide her geese.